The message below was emailed to all families on March 4, 2021.
Huntley 158 families,
Please see the information below for updates on our Return to Learn path, discussed in detail at the Board of Education meeting on March 4. More information about the factors leading to and details about this shift can be found in the presentation from the meeting or the video recording of the meeting.
- Hybrid K-5 students will shift to full-day, in-person instruction 5 days a week beginning March 15, 2021.
- Remote students will continue with current full-day schedules.
Early Childhood Center (Preschool)
- The next phase of the ECC return will begin on March 15, 2021
- ECC students in blended classes will attend 4 days a week continuing with the same current hours
- ECC students in self-contained classes will attend 5 days a week continuing with the same current hours
- Remote students will continue with their current schedule
- Students in elementary self-contained special education classrooms will shift to 5 full days of in-person learning on March 15.
- Students in secondary self-contained special education classrooms and the LIGHT Program shifted to 5 days per week of in-person learning this week (3/1).
- Students with IEPs who meet select criteria have been invited to attend 5 days per week.
Dual Language Program
- All Dual Language students who opted for in-person/hybrid learning in December will attend for full school days, increased from ½ days (starting March 15).
- K, 1st and 2nd grade fully remote sections will be taught by dedicated remote teachers under a team-teaching model.
- 3rd Grade teachers will receive support from a licensed staff member to help them teach concurrently due to the requirements of the two-teacher dual language model, for both hybrid and remote models.
- As previously announced, Wednesdays have transitioned from fully remote days to in-person days, alternating between A/B groups weekly
- Starting March 8, students who have been identified for additional assistance will begin to attend school 5 days per week (please refer to presentation for details on criteria)
We are excited to take these next steps, and we thank you for the continued support you have shown throughout this most challenging year.
Scott Rowe, Ed.D.