Huntley 158 intends to offer full-day in-person learning five days a week in the 2021-22 school year. We believe the vast majority of our students should and will learn in-person. However, we understand that some families must or prefer to have students learn in a remote format.
Those opting to learn in a fully remote format for the 2021-22 school year must indicate their opt-in below. Only families opting for Remote Learning should complete this form. If you do not complete the form, your student will be enrolled for in-person learning.
The primary aim of this program is to accommodate families who have a strong need for and commitment to Remote Learning, for medical, learning, social-emotional, or other reasons. If you are not strongly committed to Remote Learning under these conditions, we advise you to enroll for in-person learning.
The plans outlined in the presentation below are not intended to offer a high degree of flexibility or interchangeability between learning modes throughout the year.
- They are not intended as a “hybrid” option allowing students to attend in person sometimes and remotely sometimes
- They are not intended to exist as “fallbacks” for those who do not feel strongly about their need for Remote Learning
- To ensure quality Remote Learning experiences, the District intends to invest in designing and staffing durable learning structures for the entire year. Therefore, please do not select Remote Learning if there is a strong likelihood you will seek to exit the program and enroll in-person prior to the end of the first semester/trimester.
- Families are asked to commit to their selection for the first semester/trimester of the 2021-22 school year.
- Responses to this form represent a commitment to remote learning for the full semester/trimester
- Please complete this form once for each student to be enrolled in Remote Learning for the 2021-22 school year.
- Please complete this form by May 14, 2021
- Families of new, incoming students to the Early Childhood Center or Kindergarten will be offered the option to enroll in Remote Learning during the enrollment process and need not complete this form.
Presentation on Remote Learning Models
Information about the Remote Learning models at the elementary, middle, and high school levels as presented to the Board of Education is available at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bQ9U4RJDSvWzP3kXPakv3si-n4rtQPhoZrBOHyJGFUY/edit#slide=id.p.
Click here to complete the Opt-in Form