As a part of the District’s Always Initiative (1:1 Device Program), the Chromebook learning devices all students K-12 receive are covered by a Device Protection Plan. The cost of the plan is integrated into the overall student registration fee and requires no additional cost to families.
The Device Protection Plan is designed to assist families in covering the cost of accidental damage of student devices.
What does the Device Protection Plan Cover?
Terms and Conditions of the Protection Plan Agreement:
- Device Protection Plan cost is included as part or your registration fees.
- Device Protection Plan will cover the student device through the school year and summer months.
- Device Protection Plan applies to accidental damage and theft. (Official Police Report must be filed for a theft claim)
- Device Protection Plan does not cover intentional damage, damage due to misuse, or loss.
- Device Protection Plan does not cover misplaced chargers or cases.
Damage Fees For Devices Covered By The D158 Device Protection Plan
|3rd||Accidental Incident||Cost of Repair or Replacement of Device|
|Any||Misuse, Neglect, Intentional Damage or Loss||Cost of Repair or Replacement of Device|
Devices damaged intentionally or by misuse, lost devices, or 3rd instances of accidental damage will be subject to the estimated repair/replacement fees listed below.
|Item||Grade Level||Replacement/Repair Cost|
|Chromebook – Replacement||K-12||$227|
|Chromebook – Screen||K-12||$80|
|Chromebook – Charger||K-12||$26.95|
|Chromebook – Case||K-8||$46.32|
|Chromebook – Bezel||K-12||$11.30|
|Chromebook – Keyboard||K-12||$41.99|
What do I do if my student damages the device?
The student should go to the Technology Help Desk in their school. The mobile technician and/or Assistant Principal will facilitate the process of issuing a new device and processing the claim.