staff member with students during dismissal

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I view a list of job openings for Huntley 158?

Interested candidates can view job openings and submit an application here.

How do I obtain a substitute, paraprofessional license or teaching Professional Educator License (PEL)?

Those candidates looking to obtain a license listed above should create an account in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS) at Once logged in, apply for the applicable license in your ELIS account. Candidates will be asked to submit official transcripts sent directly from relevant colleges or universities. Transcripts can sent via email or direct mail to the following address:

[email protected]
Illinois State Board of Education Educator Effectiveness
E-240 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777

What if I do not have the required college coursework to obtain a paraprofessional license?

There are multiple options to obtain a paraprofessional license without the required college coursework. Candidates may take alternative testing to qualify for a paraprofessional license. The Illinois State Board of Education has also instituted short-term approval for paraprofessionals, which requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. While working on the approval, educators must be fulfilling requirements for the full paraprofessional license. Access more paraprofessional and substitute license information here. 

How can I obtain a short term substitute license?

If you hold an Associate’s degree or have 60 semester hours, interested candidates may participate in an approved, online, asynchronous training program to obtain your short-term substitute license. Learn more about short term substitute training in Kane County here or find more information from ISBE regarding short term substitute licensing. Please contact Katie Algrim at the Kane County Regional Office of Education with any questions about the training. Please submit your evidence of completion to Heather Elder in Huntley 158 before your orientation.

What are the qualifications to become a school bus driver?

A school bus permit is required for any individual planning to transport school children grade 12 or below for a public school. Learn more about how to obtain a permit here