During the 2022-23 school year, no periods of quarantine will be required for close contacts. Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should follow the framework below.
ISOLATION: I tested positive for COVID-19.
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
- Stay home for at least 5 days. Day 0 is the first day of symptoms or date of a positive viral test (if asymptomatic).
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can return to school on Day 6.
- If you have symptoms, an individual must be fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications and their other symptoms have improved before returning to school (this may not include slight congestion, slight cough, or loss of taste or smell. If you are unsure of persisting symptoms, please reach out to your school nurse). If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
- Continue to consistently wear a well-fitted mask that fully covers your nose and mouth around others on Days 6-10. If you are unable to mask, isolate for 10 days.
I am showing symptoms for COVID-19.
|I have a negative COVID-19 test. |
Students or staff may remain in school with symptoms (with the exception of fever, vomiting, diarrhea).
If an individual is too ill to be in school, they may return to school when symptoms subside.
I do NOT have a negative COVID-19 test.
If there is no other present rationale for COVID-like symptoms, a student or staff member
should stay home until symptoms subside. They must be fever free for 24 hours without
the use of fever-reducing medication and free of vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours.
Testing is strongly recommended.
When will my student have access to remote learning?
A student may only participate in remote learning under specific circumstances.
- A student must have doctor’s note identifying specific health needs along with a completed, state-approved form is required for a student to access a Home Hospital Instructional option.
- Positive COVID-19 Case: Remote instruction will be provided during a period of isolation.
- Elementary (Grades PK-5) – Instruction will be provided via choice boards and assigned school work may be requested if absence extends beyond 2 school days.
- Secondary (Grades 6-12) – Asynchronous instruction will be provided and accessed via online learning platform. Students should reach out to their teacher as needed for individual assistance during absence.
- Special Services – Related service providers and special education teachers may elect to provide direct support during absence. Student minutes will be made up upon return.
- Remote learning will only be available to students isolated due to a confirmed COVID-19 case.
Will the district still be conducting contact tracing if quarantines are not required?
No, Huntley 158 will not be performing contact tracing. Please see the our updated positive case notifications framework.