It is the mission of the Operations & Maintenance Department to foster a clean, comfortable, safe learning environment for students, faculty, and staff
The Operations and Maintenance Department works with:
- Out-Sourced and In-House Custodial Department to insure housekeeping goals are met and staff needs are addressed.
- Maintenance Department and Out-Sourced Services for preservation of the Physical Plant and Grounds
- Technical Support for Security Systems
- Local Authorities and In-house staff to ensure compliance with State and Federal Health & Life Safety codes
- Construction Managers and Architects for effective and efficient building program management
In addition, the department has led the District’s efforts to become one of the most energy- and cost-efficient districts in the state of Illinois.
Recent green efforts include a retrofit of all campus lighting, installation of energy controls, efficient HVAC systems, and the successful installation of the state’s largest solar array on school district property.
These and other efforts have netted several million dollars in energy savings over the past several years.View the O&M Department’s 2021 Annual Report »