Huntley Community School District 158 offers summer learning opportunities for students at all grade levels. Please see below for more information.
Elementary Summer School 2023 (Available for Invited Students)
To support learning over the summer, Huntley 158 offers multiple learning opportunities. Students may be recommended to participate in Huntley 158’s 4-week elementary Summer Bridge program where we concentrate on reading, writing, SEL, and math. More details and registration information will be provided via email to parents of invited students. General information about the program:
- Classroom Instruction from June 5 – June 29, Monday through Thursday 8:00 – 12:00 pm at Leggee Elementary.
- There will be NO summer school on Monday, June 19, 2023 (Juneteenth).
- There is a $50 one time cost for the Summer Bridge Program itself.
- There is an additional $50 fee for transportation if you are opting to have your student take the bus.
- Summer Bridge students are also eligible to participate in the free Summer Success Tutoring program from July 5-August 10.
The Summer Success Tutoring program is a wonderful opportunity to continue your student’s learning. The program includes weekly self-paced asynchronous activities as well as scheduled opportunities for small group virtual live instruction in literacy and math.
If you have any general questions about summer school, please call Karrie Baughman, Elementary Summer School Principal, at (847) 659-6200 or email [email protected]
Middle School Summer School 2023
- The middle school program is four weeks long and it runs parallel to the first session that the high school programming follows.
- Classes will run Monday through Thursday, June 5 through 29 (June 19th closed for Juneteenth holiday).
- When registering for middle school summer programming, please select the grade level that the student just completed and not the grade they will be entering.
- If you have any other questions, please contact Tom Kempf at [email protected]
High School Summer School 2023
High School Summer School for 2023 will be presented in an in-person and online format.
- June 5 – June 29, 2023 (June 19th closed for Juneteenth holiday)
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am-12:15 p.m.
- July 5 – July 27, 2023
- Online only, asynchronous
Need to report an absence?
Call the Summer School Attendance line – TBD
All students: Wednesday, March 22 at 6:00 p.m. Access the pre-registration form HERE, which will open at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 22.
Please note: Students can only take 1 class per session of summer school.
|In District Students||Out of District Students|
(Including Behind the Wheel) $250
(Including Behind the Wheel) $300
|Get Ahead Courses $125||Get Ahead Courses $175|
|Remedial Courses – $50||Remedial Courses – NOT AVAILABLE|
|Transportation (Session 1 only) – $55||Transportation not available for Out of District residents|
- Traditional classes – students may only miss 2 days during the session.
- Driver’s Education class – students may only miss 1 day of class.
- Blended classes – students must be present for all in-class days.
- If you decide not to take a course, no refunds will be given after the start date.
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Kempf at [email protected]